EXCELLENCE IN NURSING PRACTICE AWARD
Award: $250 (up to two awards may be given)
Purpose: To recognize an individual nurse who has influenced nursing practice through expertise in patient care; utilization of innovative, evidence-based practices; and mentorship of nursing peers. One award is available for a Gamma Phi member who is also a member of Rush Shared Governance, and a second award is available for a Gamma Phi member who is not a member of Rush Shared Governance.
- Demonstrates breadth of knowledge in an area of clinical nursing practice.
- Utilizes innovative, evidence-based approaches to nursing practice that contribute to quality patient care.
- Recognized as a clinical expert.
- Promotes clinical expertise in nursing peers through mentorship/preceptorship and the development of educational resources.
Selection: By consensus of the Award Committee.
- A concise statement (no more than 200 words) from the nominee that indicates how he/she specifically addresses each of the award criteria.
- Two letters of support (one from a Gamma Phi member) reflecting how the nominee meets the award criteria. The nominee is responsible to ensure the letters of support are submitted.